Elements of a Results-Oriented Workplace Wellness Program
Follow these 7 tips from the ACSM to improve wellness program results
Is your wellness program raising your blood pressure? Developing initiatives, administering a health risk assessment, and encouraging participation can be challenging. Here’s what the most successful wellness programs include, according to research by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Strong Top Management Support – program support from executive-level champions.
- Employee Ownership and Involvement – wellness committee with employee representation to provide input and evaluate initiatives.
- New Program Development – wellness initiatives and programming selected based on HRA data and participant feedback.
- Program Aligned with Business Objectives – wellness initiatives designed to increase productivity, control costs, boost profitability, and support the mission of the organization
- Effective Communication – regular communication with all levels within an organization to encourage participation and promote healthy living.
- Wellness Commitment – from management and participants to create a supportive environment and culture of health.
- Reporting/Tracking Program – established plan for collecting wellness program data, tracking results, and evaluating outcomes.
Want a data-driven customizable HRA to enhance your wellness program? Contact Wellsource today to learn more about our health technology tools.